This Beginning Drupal course introduces you to the core concepts behind building websites in Drupal 7. This course will take you through a series of practical exercises to build a functional Drupal 7 site and prepare you to create your own dynamic websites using Drupal.
Who is this course for?:
This beginning course is for anybody who wants to start making websites with Drupal. Among those who this course is for are:
- Web Designers and Developers who want to learn how to make more powerful websites
- WordPress developers who want to add Drupal to their skillset
- Business owners who want to evaluate Drupal for their business
- PHP programmers who want to learn how to build sites in Drupal
This training does not involve any programming, scripting, off-by-one errors, css preprocessing, or Java whatsoever.
What will you learn?:
- Adding and editing site content
- Creating new content types and fields
- Controlling page elements with blocks
- User management
- Controlling the look of your site with themes
- Installing extra modules to add functionality to your site
- Keeping your site up-to-date
- Using the Drupal community to learn even more
- You should already have an instance of Drupal available to work with. This can either be a hosted Drupal site on Pantheon or a local version on your laptop.
- This course assumes no Drupal knowledge. If you are ready to learn, this course is for you!
Note: This session will run until 5:00 PM.