OpenShift is Red Hat's Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that allows developers to quickly develop, host, and scale applications in a cloud environment. With OpenShift you have a choice of offerings, including online hosting, on premise private cloud configurations, and open source project options.
As an advanced OpenShift partner, Phase2 has been instrumental in developing Drupal environments on OpenShift. Working in close collaboration with the OpenShift Origin community, Phase2 has developed and contributed an OpenShift quickstart package to allow developers to spin up a one click environment for Drupal 8 on openshift:
In this workshop, we'll show you how to deploy Drupal, how to customize and optimize it to run in the cloud.
Session will cover:
- Introduction to OpenShift Cloud- Public, Private and Community
- Hands-On Introduction to OpenShift & Drupal
- Deep Dive into Optimizing OpenAtrium Distribution of Drupal 7 with Steven Merrill, Director of Engineering, Phase2
- How to get started Testing Drupal 8
All attendees will receive a complementary free hosting from Red Hat.
- Built-in support for PHP, Java, Node.js, Ruby, Python, Perl and extensible functionality to add other languages.
- Powerful command line client tools and a web management console to launch and manage your applications
- Ready-to-Run Drupal QuickStarts to instantaneously boot your favorite release of Drupal
- A vibrant community backed by an army of developers, evangelists, and OpenShift devotees.
- A wide range of developer resources, including technology specific get started pages, how-to blog posts and videos.