Palantir.net is a renowned design, development, and strategy firm that uses open source technologies to help enable people to share information in new and exciting ways.
The Engineer role is responsible for building sites with PHP and the Drupal content management platform with an eye towards quality and sustainable code.
This is a full-time, on-site position in our Chicago office, though we will consider exceptional applicants for remote positions.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and code samples through our website contact form as a single PDF document. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Strong knowledge of database design and deployment for dynamic Web sites using MySQL and other similar SQL databases.
- Knowledge of the Drupal 7 platform.
- Experience with open source CMS and framework tools (such as Symfony or Jekyll).
- Proficient with the Linux/Apache hosting environment.
- Strong understanding of HTML design capabilities and constraints of various platforms and browsers.
- Experience with Git version control.
- Experience working as part of a team.
- Experience with customer service.
- Participate in the design, development, quality assurance, implementation and support of browser-based software applications using both proprietary and open source development tools.
- Work with project managers, tech leads, and clients to determine business and user needs and requirements.
- Support project managers and tech leads with client meetings and follow-up.
- Provide task-based time estimates for personal and team work.
- Develop project technical specifications, user stories and wireframes with team members, clients, and external partners.
- Review the work of fellow Engineering team members and provide them advice and consultation.
- Participate in client training sessions and workshops.
- Actively engage with the Drupal community through participation in regular conferences, forums, and online groups.
- Maintain development policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Reports to the Director of Development and Professional Services.
- Works as a peer to other Engineers and Developers.
- Collaborates with the design team.
- Communicates responsibilities and commitments to the project management team.
Goals of this position
- Accessible and informed.
- Creating memorable experiences that our clients love.
- Innovate constantly.
- Deliver quality every day.
- Work in a sustainable and balanced way.