We are fortunate to have Robin Chase delivering our evening keynote.
Robin Chase is one of the most innovative entrepreneurs of the last decade.
Robin is focused on open solutions, pragmatic implementation and real-time CO2 reductions. Her many ventures, including Zipcar and Buzzcar, have been at the forefront of collaborative economy. Much like the Drupal community, Robin has focused new organizational paradigms of collaboration and 'abundance' that are changing the way we work and interact.
Robin is a prolific speaker whose recent speaking engagements include:
- SXSW Eco Keynote (2013)
- Lean Start-Up Conference (2103)
- Stanford Graduate School of Business Center for Entrepreneurial Studies (2013 - Video)
- Simmons Leadership Conference Keynote (2012)
- Business Innovation Factory (2012)
- TED Talks in 2007 and 2012
About Robin Chase
Robin Chase is the co-founder and former CEO of Zipcar, which now runs on Drupal.
Chase has also more recently launched Buzzcar, a car-sharing platform that lets users share their own cars and make money off their unused capacity — essentially, peer-to-peer auto rental. She is also a founder of Peers Inc., which fosters creation of companies that are high growth, scaleable, resource-efficient, innovative and resilient — just what is needed to address our most pressing problems in a world deep in transition. Much like Drupal, these Peers Inc. organizations leverage web technologies to deliver the speed of collective action while preserving the ingenuity and creativity of individuals. Chase is a proponent for the creation of a mesh network so that end-user devices can create a shared wireless network. As part of thier brand promise, Chase's companies operate with a similar mission: to create an eco-friendly and cost-efficient method of sharing abundant resources.
Robin Chase has won several awards, including:
- Time Magazine as 100 Most Influential People in 2009,
- Business Week's Top 10 Designers
- Massachusetts Governor's Award for Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Start-Up Woman of the Year
- Fast Company's Fast 50 Champions of Innovation
- Technology and innovation awards from Fortune, CIO and InfoWorld magazines
- Numerous environmental awards from national, state and local governments and organizations
Chase is also currently a board member of the World Resources Institute and a member of the US Department of Transportation Intelligent Transportation Advisory Committee, to name a few. In additional to being an active entrepreneur, she still remains active in her field and gives back to her community through various outlets.
Having studied at MIT's Sloan School of Management, Robin Chase also won a Loeb Fellowship at the Harvard Graduate School of Business.