Accepting Bitcoin payments on your Drupal Commerce Website
There are many advantages to adding Bitcoin support to your Drupal Commerce website. Unlike credit cards, Bitcoin is a technology designed for the Internet.
- Bitcoin is a push technology. Within an hour payments are permanent. No risk of chargebacks.
- Low fees - currently $0.05 per transaction and this will be even lower in future.
- Receive funds instantly - no waiting for your payment processor to make a deposit.
- Do business with any country in the world, e.g. Iran.
- It gives you an advantage over the market incumbent, e.g. Amazon.
- Very useful for marketing and SEO.
- Potential to pay your suppliers with Bitcoin.
- Accepting Bitcoin demonstrates that you are innovative.
This session will start with general information and advantages / disadvantages of Bitcoin, then I will demonstrate how to integrate Drupal Commerce with BitPay & Coinbase (two of the leading Bitcoin payment processors).