Big Data Drupal & Open PAAS
Survey & demo big data, cloud, paas, api integrations of Big Data & Drupal, Aegir & DevShop
- 5 mins intros and overview
- 15 mins Nicholas Roberts on big data drupal & open paas with Proxmox
- 15 mins Christopher Gervais Aegir project lead on Drupal open paas now and future with Aegir 3
- 15 mins Jon Pugh on devshop, hubdrop and development as a service
- 10 mins questions
Presented by the Aegir Project Lead, Christopher Gervais
- The Aegir Hosting System: the Free Software stack for deploying and managing Drupal sites.
- Built on Drupal and Drush, Aegir's components include an installation profile, a suite of modules, a theme and a Drush extension.
- Based on familiar tools, extending Aegir can be accomplished with 40+ contrib modules, or your own custom functionality.
- The future is Aegir 7.x-3.x, which should see initial testing release soon.
Check out the project's community site for documentation, discussions, etc.
- mad scientist at Brooklyn's Thinkdrop
- project lead on devshop Aegir based Drupal development environment (think open source Pantheon Multidev)
- creator of hubdrop.io Drupal.org - github.com GIT sync service
Nowadays I own a small farm in Sonoma County, in the San Francisco North Bay and work as webmaster for CIRM.ca.gov (This session has nothing to do with my day job)
- Big Data Drupal Search with Nutch, Hadoop & Cloudera
- Cloudera big data stack - Hadoop, Hue, Thrift, Impala, Hbase etc etc
- Docker Open PAAS - Flynn, Deis
- Proxmox, Synnefo, Ganeti, Xen Server API
- Dockering Aegir for Drupal Heaven
- Packer, Vagrant & Hashicorp
- Cloud PAAS - Acquia, Pantheon, Rackspace
NOTE: The Big Data Analytics & Workflow won't be in this presentation, that's for another talk, perhaps Badcamp 2014
- 3Scale UN Data API - Womans Stats (NOT at nyccamp, eta tbd)
- Rapidminer, Pentaho, Mulesoft, Talend, Bonita (NOT at nyccamp, eta tbd)
This session is a follow-up to a Badcamp 2013 packed session
Big Data Drupal: Cloudera Hadoop, MapReduce, Nutch, Solr, Aegir BOA, Drupal 7 ApacheSolr Views
- www.BigDataDrupal.com is the marketing minisite for the commercial open source toolchain
- www.BigDataDrupal.org is the prototype search site and directory using above toolchain
- Howto Make Big Data Drupal Search http://bigdatadrupal.com/howto-big-data-drupal-search
- Future Directions for Big Data Drupal http://bigdatadrupal.com/content/future-directions
- Nicholas Roberts | niccolo | bigdatadrupal.org
- Christopher Gervais | ergonlogic | Aegir project lead, aegir-up, vagrant-up, praxis.coop & koumbit.org
- Jon Pugh | jonpugh | devshop & hubdrop.io