Multilingual Site Setup and Management
Multilingual was an afterthought in the design of Drupal 7. Luckily, there has been a significant effort within the community that now makes it possible and even simple. This session will discuss how to get a Drupal 7 site to be multilingual and how to manage it over time.
- Site preparations and dependencies
- Decisions in D7 that affect upgrading to D8
- Site translation: take 1!
- Interface translation, compliments of the Drupal community (and you)
- Translation of blocks, menus, views, taxonomy, and more
- Coping with constantly changing content
- Enlisting others to assist in the translation process
- Translation workflow considerations and automation
- Leveraging machine, community, and professional translation