VoipDrupal - Your Site and a Regular Phone...
This is an introduction to VoipDrupal and how you can use it on your site to allow visitors to call and receive information - or reach a conference line or setup a PBX style system where the caller can make choices on what extension they reach.
VoipDrupal easily handles:
- Instant Conference calls - no long PIN numbers
- Group SMS text Notifications between members
- Post Audio Blogs on your site
- SMS text messages posted on your site
- Group Voice Mail - answering machine
- Out-calling for scheduled messages
- Community call lists
- Information hotlines
- Story recording / playback
- Language training
- Audio tours
- Adventure games
- Geo-based callblasts aimed at specific streets or locations
Much more than I can list here....
Links to my resources ---
- An Overview of VoipDrupal -
- My VoipDrupal Tutorial (this will be for Drupal 6 and 7)
- Visit the VoipDrupal OFFICIAL sandbox - http://voipdrupal.org
- Link to the project - http://drupal.org/project/voipdrupal
The VoIP Drupal platform has been originally conceived and implemented by the MIT Center for Civic Media (http://civic.mit.edu/).
***NOTE TO DEVELOPERS -
This session is designed for beginners but there may be value in seeing the overview of this suite of modules, as they can be heavily customized using the Dial Plan Script language .
Take a peek at Dial Plan Scripting - http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Dialplan_XML