A year at the com: A developers journey into leadership
So you're thinking of taking the leap and going from being a developer to a director (or similar role) but you aren't quite sure? This session is for you. Thinking of promoting that rockstar developer, but not sure if it's the time? This session is for you. I am here to share my expectations, my fears and what they turned out to be. There were many mistakes, there were a few big successes and everything I thought it would be, it isn't.
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF THIS SESSION?
- How a leadership role differs from a maker role.
- What the day to day life of a manager is really like.
- How it's different from what most makers think it is.
- How to be a strong leader and avoid being a micro-manager.
- What's important and what isn't. (I guarantee it's not what you think).
- What every developer can learn from leadership, and why organizations should facilitate that education.
Slides available on slideshare.